GarageBand For Windows PC: As we all know, it’s a digital age where computers have completely taken over our lives and it is not so different in the music industry either. Music recording software slowly replaced very expensive recording gear, invaded the recording scene and finally, it took over. Pople interested in making music can just get a fast computer with a little extra hardware, pick the top-notch recording software, and become an expert.
There are tons of recording software out there, but the task is to find the right software for your purpose. As many of you might know, Apple has an incredible music application called ‘GarageBand‘ available on their computers and on the iPad. It is one of the popular sound mixing app which is widely used by artists, DJ’s and music fanatics.
What actually is a GarageBand and how it can be used?
GarageBand is an incredibly popular Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) application developed by Apple that allows you to create music and even podcasts, right from the comfort of your living room. It was released in 2004 for the Mac and in 2011 for iOS devices.
There are innumerable uses with GarageBand app for the users. With GarageBand, you can create your own music with the different virtual instruments (keyboards, drums, a sampler, etc) that are available in the app and it also lets you record audio, utilizes it to make rifts and even helps you edit a song. You can also edit MIDI files and get music lessons with different videos and songs you can purchase.
GarageBand – Key Features:
- Garage Band App has many features that are designed to support the requirement of users to create new music. Let’s discuss some of the features which makes this app so much preferable.
- The users can easily create their own music and share it with their friends and other music fanatics.
- Using this software, one can easily blend the sounds in the music in order to enhance the audio track.
- It has a Virtual Keyboard and also supports external keyboard via USB.
- You can create multiple musical tracks with built-in MIDI keyboards, built-in loops, a wide range of instrumental effects, and voice recordings.
- It allows for guitar-specific tracks that can use a variety of simulated amplifiers, stompboxes, and effects processors.
- GarageBand can import MIDI files and offers piano roll or notation-style editing and playback.
- You can play, record and edit third-party instrument apps with multi-touch gestures.
- It has a remarkable user interface and it is effortless to use. You can easily edit or customize your music.
GarageBand for iOS:
The app is compatible with iPhone 3GS or higher, the third generation iPod Touch or higher, and all versions of the iPad, including the iPad Mini.
Can I Use GarageBand on Windows PC?
Since Garageband is developed by Apple, it is officially available only for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Mac OS devices. Unfortunately, it is not available on Windows just yet, but there are ways around that. Read on to learn how to get GarageBand on your PC (Windows 7/8/10).
How to use GarageBand on Windows PC:
Even without having an official GarageBand tool for Windows platform exclusively, the users can still download and install it on their Windows PC, or Android devices. Here’s how!
Method 1: Use Google Chrome Remote Desktop!
This trick will work only if you have a Mac computer. This method involves running a Mac device via a Windows PC and you have to connect your computer to another Mac in a remote way. One can set up a remote connection with much ease via Google’s ‘Chrome Remote Desktop’ extension that lets you connect to another PC. Follow the simple steps below to connect your computer to a Mac running GarageBand.
- First of all, make sure both that you have Google Chrome downloaded on your Windows PC as well as your Mac devices.
- Then you need to install the ‘Chrome Remote Desktop extension’ on both the devices. You can find the link here.
- On your Mac, launch Chrome and open a new tab from the browser.
- On the next tab, you can see ‘Chrome Remote Desktop’ and ensure that you authorize it by providing access to all the permissions the app needs.
- Next, you will be prompted to share your computer, so click ‘share’ button and then make a note of the code given.
- Now open Chrome up on your Windows PC and run ‘Remote Desktop’ extension.
- Grant the necessary access and all sorts of permissions and then enter the access code that you got from your Mac.
- Hit ‘Connect’ button and now you have access to your Mac computer
- Now you can launch GarageBand from your Windows PC and use it like you would on your Mac.
- This method works perfectly on any computer ranging between iMac and Mac Mini.
While Remote Desktop is a great app to use, it doesn’t help you out if you do not have a Mac to use GarageBand from. Here’s where the next method helps.
Method 2: Use an iOS Emulator!
The second method is to use an iOS emulator to be able to use GarageBand on your Windows computer. An emulator is a software that emulates (or imitates) another thing. It opens up more opportunities to have different apps on your computer. In our case, we want software that emulates an iOS device to be able to use programs made for iOS.
While there are some iOS emulators out there, we recommend using the popular and safe iOS emulator, iPadian.
- First download iPadian on your PC from the link here.
- Next, find “exe” file on your PC to start installing the emulator on your PC and complete the installation process.
- Now open the emulator on your Windows PC and select the “App Store.”
- Make a search for ‘GarageBand for Windows” app using the search bar.
- Start GarageBand PC download on your Windows computer. Follow the instructions and install it.
- After you have successfully installed GarageBand for Windows PC, you can now start composing, creating, mixing and recording your own music videos.
iPadian is really one of the few good iOS emulators out there because it is hard to get the coding correct for emulating an iOS device. Once you install iPadian, you can get GarageBand and any other apps you want and can use them straight from your Windows computer.
Method 3: Using Android Emulator!
We have a large number of Android emulators in the market like Bluestacks, Droid 4X, Nox App Player, Genymotion, etc. However, none of them could help you in installing GarageBand on Windows PC. The best way to install GarageBand is using VMware. Using the VMware, one can install one or more OS on your Windows OS and you don’t have to worry about your device’s security.
BlueStacks is another Android emulator that you can give a try. This method may or may not be worked, but BlueStacks does give you access to GarageBand at times, and hence it is worth a try. If you are lucky enough, you will quickly have this music app on your Windows in almost no time.
- Go to BlueStacks.com and download the Bluestacks emulator
- Run the installer and install BlueStacks on Windows pc.
- Next, launch the BlueStacks emulator.
- Now sign in to your google account. If you don’t have an account, then create a new one and then proceed.
- Now open it and type GarageBand in the search bar.
- Click on the GarageBand icon to install it on your Windows PC.
- And you’re done! And every time you want to use the app, you have to launch the emulator to create new innovative music.
GarageBand for Windows PC – System Requirements:
GarageBand isn’t a very resource intensive application. But, it does not function well on the old computers with low specs and it makes sense as it is a modern app designed for modern devices. If you want to run GarageBand on Windows PC, then you should have the following configuration.
- Windows PC or laptop running Windows 7 or later version.
- A minimum RAM capacity of 2GB is recommended and 4GB is preferred
- Intel core processor with at least i3 chipset (i5 is preferred)
- At least 2 GB free space on the hard drive
The good news is that most computers in use today meet the minimum system requirements for GarageBand.
With such wide range of features, it is no surprise that GarageBand is one of the most popular applications in the music world. The app has everything you could ever want to add to your music, and more. It is one of the best DAW tools to be created for computer and mobile platforms and is worth a try if you are into the music industry.