Gmail is one of the most popular email services available on the internet. Google has designed and launched Gmail for all users. It is a free email service that can be accessed with much ease on any device. It is available in more than 105 languages all over the world. Since the official launch of Gmail into the market, millions of people across the globe have been using this for various business and personal activities. It can be used to send and receive mails between the client and the business associates.
For creating a Gmail account, the users need to provide their personal details and set a password for it. Once you create a new account, you can access it with much ease using a Gmail ID and password. One must secure their password by creating a strong and powerful one so that no hacker could hack it easily. In case, if you have any doubt that someone is using your account then, there is feasibility to change your Gmail Password. In this post, we have come up with a simple yet detailed guide to change Gmail Password in simple steps. Have a look!
Also Check – How to Add a Printer in Windows 10?
How to Change your Gmail Password?
Follow the simple steps provided below to change your Gmail password with much ease:
- First of all, go to your Google Account web page from the web browser.
- Hit the Sign in button present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter your login credentials in the required fields.
- If you have already set 2-factor authentication then, finish the verification process through your mobile phone.
- Once you land on your Gmail account, go to Sign In and Security settings.
- Once you tap the Sign-in & Security button, you will get a plethora of options.
- Just scroll down and you will find the section ‘Signing into Google.’
- You can then find the Password section. There, you can find the time you have changed your password and it tells you whether you have activated 2-step authentication or not.
- Click the Password button and enter your current password twice for confirmation.
- You can then enter a new password which is pretty complex and powerful.
- Ensure that your password comprises both the letters, numbers and special characters.
- If you have any doubt that you may forget your password after changing it then, it is advised to use the best password manager.
- After finishing the verification process for your new password, you have successfully changed your Gmail password.
- In case, if you forget your password, you can utilize the recovery methods or 2-step authentication process.
Must Check – Top 7 Best Movies on Amazon Prime
How to Change Password using Gmail Android App?
If you are using your Gmail account on your Android phone or tablet then, you can change the Gmail password in a different manner.
- First of all, open your Gmail app from your device.
- You need to tap the 3-line menu icon present on the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the bottom of the menu and select the account that you want to alter.
- Hit the option ‘Manage your Google account’ >> Menu >> Security.
- Otherwise, you can simply scroll down the menu and select that option.
- Go to the Password section and enter your current password twice.
- You can then enter your new password and confirm it.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to change Gmail password.